My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://notsoprickly.typepad.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, August 24, 2007

More than you (or I?) would ever want to know about me...

Uh-oh, I got tagged. As a new blogger I feel like I've just been asked to butterfly when I'm very comfortable with the dog paddle...so, here it goes:

Four places I'd love to visit:

1. The green hills of Ireland ,


2. The craggy coastline of Maine




3. A deserted island, anywhere




4. La Ville-lumière, oui





Four Things I Covet:
1. My very own laptop

2. A big, beautiful kitchen with granite countertops and a stove next to a window, so that I could look out the window while I have a glass of wine and cook--while Miguel watches me cook... (See #3 of 4 Delights below.)

3. Anything that would look good in my house from the IKEA catalog I just got in the mail.


4. A serene disposition.

Four Goals I Have:
1. To morph my job into a more meaningful work experience.
2. To be a guiding light as my children move into their college and adult years.
3. To just be nice to people no matter what.
4. To retire before the age of 80.


Four Fads I Wish Would Pass:
1. "Bachelor" shows where the women have to grovel and compete and the guy is the "prize."
2. Ann Coulter
3. Ann Coulter
4. Ann Coulter


4 Delights:
1. Overhearing conversations between my son and daughter and realizing that they really like eachother!


2. Taking a sick day (shhh, don't tell anyone!) and reading in bed after everyone has left the house. A bonus would be a kitty at the foot of the bed, but I shouldn't be greedy.

3. A glass of Chilean cabernet on a Friday night while I cook dinner, and Miguel "helps" me by watching me cook. (See #2 of 4 Things I Covet above.)


4. My Zippy (Chuckie). You knew my cat had to be in this list somewhere right?


4 Regrets:
1. Not going to Princeton for grad school
2. Going to Berkeley for grad school
3. Not seeing that the first two items in this list of regret really don't matter anymore. They really don't. Get over it Lisa!
4. Those first three are pretty much all I can handle right now.


Four Things I Wish I Could Do More Often:
1. Be like Oprah and write down what I'm thankful for everyday. Why can't I do that? I should do that.
2. Exercise like I really mean it with weights and everything...and a lot of sweat.
3. Sit in a house cleaned by someone else and read a book from cover to cover. Wait--Have I ever done this?
4. Visit the ocean beaches of my childhood. Why do I live in a landlocked state? (*sigh)

Four Things That I Never Would Have Imagined Would Happen to Me:
1. I never thought I would be living in Utah.
2. I never thought I would be 43 (in a month or so...)
3. I never thought I would be driven anywhere by my children...
4. I never thought I would actually fill out one of these "tag" things.

4 People I Tag (this is a tough one since I really don't know any bloggers except for the blogger who tagged me!):

1. Kinza?
2. ??
3. ???
4. ????

2 comments:

lateshoes said...

Sorry I tagged you, but look how well you handled it.

I love your blog, Lisa.

Lisa said...

Thank you! This public self-expression thing is growing on me...