Last week as we had Comcast out to the house, worked like dogs at our various jobs and school functions; and bought high-end electronic items, we also had our roof done! I am happy to report that the roofing went very easily--for those of us not actually doing the roof-work, that is. The guys did a good job and they cleaned everything up each night before they left. It was surprisingly painless. But, we were happy that it was done, and happy when they left on Friday and we knew they wouldn't be back.
Well, all of us were happy but one member of the family--the furry one-foot tall one. Yes, every day after the guys left he would go out and hang out with the large refuse trailer in our driveway. It was there all week. When Chuck (Zippy) went out on Friday after we got home, alas, the trailer was gone. Where did it go? I could tell that he was asking himself this very question, because I have KESP (kitty extrasensory perception).
But, luckily--as I assured him--I had taken this picture of him days before when the trailer had first arrived. He had a memento to show his grandkids (no point in telling him that that won't be possible). He had a solid reminder that, yes, there had been a big, black, four-wheeled, monster in the driveway and he had smelled every inch of it...
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Yay- I'm glad things are back on track.. You could post a picture of you new roof. There are some roof maniacs out there like me who appreciate a good picture of a new roof! :) Poor Zippy- I wonder what would happen if you printed out that picture and showed it to him.
I suppose I could include a roof picture...but kitties are much more interesting--to me anyway!
Post a Comment