My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://notsoprickly.typepad.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thursday is the new Wednesday--for me anyway!

Sometimes I think that Thursday is the real hump day. I find it very hard to get up on Thursdays--as do the other members of the family--and out the door to school/work. But once we got on the road today things were fine. Someday maybe Utah high schools will not start at the ungodly hour of 7:30am, but when that happens--if that ever happens--my kids will probably be my age. Aside from the beautiful fall-turning foliage, here are some things that made this Thursday work for me:

1. I went to Starbucks for a cup of morning coffee. I am now addicted to the Starbucks "Song of the day" promotion since I now have iTunes access with my new MacBook.

2. I did not have any prickly e-mails waiting for me when I got to work.

3. I got quite a bit of work done, which is always a good thing!

4. I rediscovered Arlo Guthrie on iTunes when I redeemed my Starbucks "Song of the Day." (I note the irony of the preceeding statement, and I have nothing to say in my defense. I love Starbucks, and I love Arlo.)

5. I enjoyed the warm afternoon sun spilling through my southern-exposure window in my quiet office.

6. I picked up my kids at Cross Country practice as they were just finishing.

7. I came home and made burritos which we enjoyed with a fine bottle of Chilean cabernet.

So, that was the day. I encourage you to note that the above list did not include any references to the furry animal who often appears in these posts. I try not to be a one-trick pony.

1 comment:

googliboo said...

Your bag of tricks is full of surprises! No furry animal reference what-so-ever:) By the way, I love your furry animal references.

That does sound like a good day. I now crave a good cuppa joe.