My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://notsoprickly.typepad.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Killing Time

Today I didn't catch the family ride to work. I opted for a more leisurely morning; and, consequently, I found myself all dressed up with no place to go as I had forgotten that the bus schedules had changed and the next bus wasn't coming for almost an hour. What to do?

I decided to take some self-portraits. I'm not very good at this. I don't really know my good angles. I know I must have some, but maybe they're too shy to show themselves.

What I have decided to share with you is my very talented right eyebrow. As you can see, I have it raised here in the photo. My expression is rather serious, because the Raised Eyebrow is meant only for very serious occasions. It is not to be abused.

Now, I wasn't born with an eyebrow like that. Perfecting the Raised Eyebrow took some practice. When I was in high school, I decided I really needed this technique under my belt. I imagined myself using it on anyone who questioned my abilities, or integrity...not that that ever really happened, but a girl has to be prepared, right? So, I practiced. I would raise my brow with my index finger, and find the muscle to work. Then, I just started working that muscle. (If only I had worked some other muscles that way! Like the gluteus maximus, perhaps?).

I don't know if I ever really used the Raised Eyebrow as Weapon, but it's nice to know that I've got it in my arsenal if I need it.

5 comments:

lateshoes said...

Okay this post totally cracked me up. First of all I'm incredibly jealous of that eye-brow talent and secondly because now that I've read that all it takes is practice I can't stop trying it. So sad.

Also - If this picture is any indication, I think you've found at least one of your many good angles.

Lisa said...

Thanks, I tried to link to your blog in my entry; 'cause I know you know your good angles...but the "blog this" option in Flickr got quirky when I would try to edit once the post was on the blog.

Anonymous said...

I think all your angles are good. :) I too am a practitioner of the raised eyebrow. Mine is the left one, though and I often raise it without being completely aware of doing so, making many a person say, "What the hell is your problem, Tawnya? Is something confusing you?" only to find that they are referring to the raised eyebrow. Le sigh.

Anonymous said...

P.S. I keep trying to be your friend on Flickr but I cannot figure it out. Help!

Lisa said...

Okay, Tawnya, I'm going to keep an eye out for the renegade eyebrow of yours....

As to the Flickr, I haven't progressed that far. Let's ask Tracy.