My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://notsoprickly.typepad.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Whither DSL?

Dear Qwest,
Okay, I have to say straight out that I hate you. I have been trying to get DSL at home now since September 10, 2007. When I got home from work last night I thought that I would have a wireless connection modem on the doorstep. I thought that I would be spending an exciting evening at home calling your technical support line as my husband and I were having problems configuring the wireless connection. The reason I thought that is because your customer service agent assured me that that would in fact be the case. He promised. I don't know his name. I did learn, however, that he lives in Logan and attends Utah State. See? It was personal. I thought I really made a connection!

I was, however, sorely disappointed. When I called your automated service number last night, I discovered that I will not have DSL until September 24, 2007. That's 4 whole days to wait!

What gives Qwest? Don't you like me? I'm offering to pay you almost 50 smackers a month! Is that not worth anything?

Yes, I know that I bear some of the blame for this. How could I have gotten to this point in my life without the Internets at home? I know. Just because I've decided that I no longer want to live in the Dark Ages does not mean that you will say "How high?" when I say "Jump!"

But, I'm saying it now Qwest: "Jump! Hop to it! I mean it!!!"

Sincerely,
A person, who, at this point, doesn't know why she wants to be your customer, but feels she has no choice.

1 comment:

lateshoes said...

WHAT!?!? How can they possibly make you wait that long? How evil!